Monday 4 May 2015

Make A Natural Room Spray

Make a Natural Room Spray


Most of what I do centers around using herbs to help support and encourage health. But I also keep a collection of my favorite essential oils. I find that the two support each other very well because they are made from different parts of the plant, and therefore have different uses.


One of my favorite ways to use essential oil is around the home, particularly as a room spray. The wonderful thing about creating a room spray is that once you learn the technique, you can use your favorite essential oils.


The recipe I am featuring here includes my favorite combination: peppermint, rosemary and grapefruit. It's bright and energizing and I love to spray it in my office while I'm working to help enhance my concentration. However, you can use any essential oil or combination that you want.


Instructions


1. Add vodka or other clear spirit to the glass or amber jar.


2. Add the essential oils. Cover and shake vigorously for a few seconds.


3. Add water until the jar is full. Cover and shake again.


4. Let it sit in a cool, dark place for at least a day before you start using it.

Tags: essential oils, Cover shake, favorite essential, favorite essential oils, Make Natural, Make Natural Room, Natural Room